[slurm-users] Elastic Compute

Brian Haymore brian.haymore at utah.edu
Mon Sep 10 16:30:39 MDT 2018

I re-read the docs and I was wrong on the default behavior.  The default is "no" which just means don't oversubcribe the individual resources where I thought it was default to 'exclusive'.  So I think I've been taking us down a dead end in terms of what I thought might help. :\

I have a system her that we are running with the elastic setup but there we are doing exclusive (and it's sent that way in the conf) scheduling so I've not run into the same circumstances you have.

--
Brian D. Haymore
University of Utah