[slurm-users] slurmdbd: error: mysql_query failed: 1064

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Tue Oct 30 05:53:18 MDT 2018

On Tuesday, 30 October 2018 6:38:59 PM AEDT 宋亚磊 wrote:

> slurmdbd: error: mysql_query failed: 1064 You have an error in your SQL
> syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for
> the right syntax to use near 'desc' at line 1

Unfortunately that seems to look like an incompatibility between slurmdbd and
that version of MySQL.   The syntax was deprecated in 8.0.12 and removed
just one point release later in 8.0.13! :-(

The release notes for MySQL 8 say:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql/8.0/en/news-8-0-13.html#mysqld-8-0-13-sql-syntax

SQL Syntax Notes

Incompatible Change: The deprecated ASC or DESC qualifiers for GROUP By
clauses have been removed. Queries that previously relied on GROUP BY sorting
may produce results that differ from previous MySQL versions. To produce a
given sort order, provide an ORDER BY clause.

So you'll probably need to back up, downgrade MySQL and then
reimport your backup before restarting slurmdbd.

If you have a support contract I would strongly recommend
opening a bug on this with SchedMD.

Best of luck,
Chris