[slurm-users] Reserving a GPU

Christopher Benjamin Coffey Chris.Coffey at nau.edu
Mon Oct 22 10:59:17 MDT 2018

Thanks for confirmation Paul.

—
Christopher Coffey
High-Performance Computing
Northern Arizona University
928-523-1167

On 10/22/18, 9:29 AM, "slurm-users on behalf of R. Paul Wiegand" <slurm-users-bounces at lists.schedmd.com on behalf of rpwiegand at gmail.com> wrote:

    I had the same question and put in a support ticket.  I believe the answer is that you cannot.

    On Mon, Oct 22, 2018, 11:51 Christopher Benjamin Coffey <Chris.Coffey at nau.edu> wrote:

    Hi,

    I can't figure out how one would create a reservation to reserve a gres unit, such as a gpu. The man page doesn't really say that gres is supported for a reservation, but it does say tres is supported. Yet, I can't seem to figure out how one could specify a
     gpu with tres. I've tried:

    scontrol create reservation starttime=2018-11-10T08:00:00 user=root duration=14-00:00:00 tres=gpu/tesla=1
    scontrol create reservation starttime=2018-11-10T08:00:00 user=root duration=14-00:00:00 gres=gpu:tesla:1

    Is it not possible to reserve a single gpu? Our gpus are requested normally in jobs like " --gres=gpu:tesla:1". I'd rather not reserve an entire node and thus reserve all of the gpus in it. Thanks!

    Best,
    Chris

    —