[slurm-users] Documentation for creating a login node for a SLURM cluster

Bjørn-Helge Mevik b.h.mevik at usit.uio.no
Mon Oct 15 00:56:57 MDT 2018

Lachlan Musicman <datakid at gmail.com> writes:

> There's one thing that no one seems to have mentioned - I think you will
> need to list it as an AllocNode in the Partition that you want it to be
> able to allocate jobs to.

It is a good idea if you want to limit which hosts you are allowed to
submit jobs from, but it is not needed: the default is to allow all:

$ man slurm.conf
[...]
AllocNodes
    Comma separated list of nodes from which users can submit jobs in
    the partition.  Node names may be specified using the node range
    expression syntax described above.  The default value is "ALL".

--
Regards,
Bjørn-Helge Mevik, dr. scient,