[slurm-users] node showing "Low socket*core count"

Noam Bernstein noam.bernstein at nrl.navy.mil
Wed Oct 10 10:07:09 MDT 2018

> On Oct 10, 2018, at 11:40 AM, Eli V <eliventer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Don't think you need CPUs in slurm.conf for the node def, just
> Sockets=4 CoresPerSocket=4 ThreadsPerCore=1 for example, and the
> slurmctld does the math for # cpus. Also slurmd -C on the nodes is
> very useful to see what's being autodetected.

slurmd -C confirms that indeed slurm understands the architecture, so that’s good.  However, removing the CPUs entry from the node list doesn’t change anything.  It still drains the node.  If I just remove _everything_ having to do with those counts from the node list item it just picks 1 cpu.

							Noam

|U.S. NAVAL|
|_RESEARCH_|
LABORATORY
Noam Bernstein, Ph.D.
Center for Materials Physics and Technology
U.S. Naval Research Laboratory
T +1 202 404 8628  F +1 202 404 7546
https://www.nrl.navy.mil <https://www.nrl.navy.mil/>