[slurm-users] CPU allocation within a node is not cyclic

崔灏 (CUI Hao) cuihao.leo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 20:15:54 MDT 2018

I checked the source code, and now belive it is a bug of
select/cons_res plugin (or intended behavior).

In src/plugins/select/cons_res/dist_tasks.c (tag slurm-18-08-0-1),
line 1863~1869 triggers block allocation if SelectTypeParameters is
not set to CR_CORE / CR_SOCKET, without regard to task distribution
settings.

I've changed SelectTypeParameters to CR_Core_Memory. But it seems I
have to restart slurmctld to make the config take effect:

$ scontrol reconfigure
slurm_reconfigure error: SelectType change requires restart of the
slurmctld daemon to take effect

I'm afraid that restarting slurmctld will interrupt current tasks, so
I'm still waiting for them to finish.

崔灏 (CUI Hao) <cuihao.leo at gmail.com> 于2018年10月5日周五 下午10:12写道:

--
崔灏 / CUI Hao