[slurm-users] Dependecy conflict with pkgconfig in slurm.spec

AiO info.slurm at aio.nu
Tue Nov 27 01:04:11 MST 2018

Hi all,

I just wanted to check with you if I've discovered a possible error
in the slurm.spec file when building CentOS RPM package using rpmbuild.

It only conserns the slurm-devel package. I use currently use slurm
17.02.7, but I think the dependency conflict is in later versinos too.

When trying to install slurm-devel it conflicts with pkgconfig, since it
pkgconfig also provie the <libdir>/pkgconfig directory - which also is
provided in slurm-devel.

The following small fix to the .spec-file allows me to install the package
correctly - but it adds dependency to pkgconfig. Right or wrong, I don't
know. But it seems logical that pkgconfig should be the one providing the
storage locatino for .pc-files.

237c237
< Requires: slurm
--
> Requires: slurm pkgconfig
783c783
< %dir
%{_libdir}/pkgconfig
--
> #%dir %{_libdir}/pkgconfig

Or maybe just remove the %dir-part for the slurm-devel pacakge completely
might be nicer. I just kept it for "nostalgic reasons" :D. Anyhow the
example prooves my point.

What do you guys think? Should it be done this way to remove the
RPM package conflict to pkgconfig?

Kind regards,
AiO - www.aio.nu