[slurm-users] Excessive use of backfill on a cluster

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sat Nov 24 05:43:09 MST 2018

On Thursday, 22 November 2018 2:21:45 AM AEDT Baker D. J.  wrote:

> Hi Chris,

Hi David,

> Our SchedulerParameters are...
>
> SchedulerParameters     = bf_window=3600,bf_resolution=180,bf_max_job_user=4
>
> I gather that the "bf_window" should be as high as the highest maximum time
> limit on the partitions (set at 2.5 days = 3600 minutes).

I've set it ours to be twice the length of time of max walltime, so (if I'm
understanding correctly) a job of that length can be planned to fit in at a
point when a job also of that size which had just started will finish.

So ours is (amongst others): bf_window=23040,bf_resolution=600

All the best,
Chris