[slurm-users] About x11 support

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 01:34:42 MST 2018

Hi Gareth,
Thanks for the info. My cluster is not a big one and I have configured in
the following way.
1- A frontend which has the rocks 7 (based on centos 7) with gnome. Users
login to this node *only* via vncviewer.
2- While a user is connected to his gnome desktop, he opens a terminal and
may run an interactive GUI job. So, he has to use x11.

Now, the question is, why the following error happens when we now that x11
support had been enabled during the compilation.

[mahmood at rocks7 ~]$ srun --x11 --nodelist=compute-0-5 -n 1 -c 6 --mem=8G -A
y8 -p RUBY xclock
srun: error: Cannot forward to local display. Can only use X11 forwarding
with network displays.

Regards,
Mahmood