[slurm-users] $TMPDIR does not honor "TmpFS"

Michael Gutteridge michael.gutteridge at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 08:33:44 MST 2018

I don't think that's a bug.  As far as I've ever known, TmpFS is only used
to tell slurmd where to look for available space (reported as TmpDisk for
the node).  The manpage only indicates that, not any additional
functionality.  We set TMPDIR in a task prolog:

#!/bin/bash
echo "export TMPDIR=/loc/scratch/${SLURM_JOB_ID}"
echo "export SCRATCH_LOCAL=/loc/scratch/${SLURM_JOB_ID}"
echo "export SCRATCH=/net/scratch/${SLURM_JOB_ID}"

- Michael