[slurm-users] Spreading jobs across servers instead of loading up individual nodes

Paul Edmon pedmon at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 15 07:25:26 MST 2018

I recommend the LLN option for partitions:

*LLN*
    Schedule resources to jobs on the least loaded nodes (based upon the
    number of idle CPUs). This is generally only recommended for an
    environment with serial jobs as idle resources will tend to be
    highly fragmented, resulting in parallel jobs being distributed
    across many nodes. Note that node *Weight* takes precedence over how
    many idle resources are on each node. Also see the
    *SelectParameters* configuration parameter *CR_LLN* to use the least
    loaded nodes in every partition.

-Paul Edmon-