[slurm-users] new user simple question re sacct output line2

Jeffrey T Frey frey at udel.edu
Wed Nov 14 07:11:09 MST 2018

The identifier after the base numeric job id -- e.g. "batch" -- is the job step.  The "batch" step is where your job script executes.  Each time your job script calls "srun" a new numerical step is created, e.g. "82.0," "82.1," et al.  Job accounting captures information for the entire job (JobID = "82") and the individual steps.  All data points visible in sacct may or may not pertain or be captured for each individual step.