[slurm-users] srun problem -- Can't find an address, check slurm.conf

Scott Hazelhurst Scott.Hazelhurst at wits.ac.za
Tue Nov 13 03:59:44 MST 2018

Dear Mercan

Thank you! — yes different paths so different behaviour. Amazing how you can spend so much time looking at something and not seeing it.

On Sunday did  an upgrade from 17.11.10 to 17.11.12 to try to fix the problem but had left old binaries in a directory I should not have, so kept on getting the same behaviour.

I can’t be sure, but I think the problem I reported last week was in 17.11.10 and has gone away in 17.11.12

All good now

Again, thanks for the help

Scott

> Are there some typo errors or they are really different paths:
>
> /opt/exp_soft/slurm/bin/srun
>
> vs.
>
> which srun
> /opt/exp_soft/bin/srun
This communication is intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without the permission of the University. Only authorised signatories are competent to enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University and outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the University agrees in writing to the contrary.