[slurm-users] Accounting - running with 'wrong' account on cluster

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 13:35:54 MST 2018

All,
Ok, I set up a few clusters in slurmdb. They are not federated.
I set up some accounts too. One primary for each cluster, plus a few child
accounts (project codes)

Something like:
sacctmgr add account DevOps Cluster=cluster1,cluster2
sacctmgr -add account projectA Parent=DevOps
sacctmgr -add account projectB Parent=DevOps
sacctmgr add account Prod Cluster=cluster3

Then I added my user:
sacctmgr add user andrus DefaultAccount=DevOps Account=projectA,projectB

I set up a LUA that requires the --account option to submit anything. That
seems to work, but...

I am able to submit using account=projectB on cluster3. ???
Since 'projectB' is a child of account ' DevOps', which is only associated
with cluster1 and cluster2, shouldn't I be denied the ability to run using
that accout on cluster3?

Brian Andrus