[slurm-users] Seff error with Slurm-18.08.1

Baker D.J. D.J.Baker at soton.ac.uk
Tue Nov 6 01:49:50 MST 2018

Hello Mike et al,

This is a known bug in slurm v18.08*. We installed the initial release a short while ago and came across this issue very quickly. We actually use this script at the end of the job epilog to report job efficiency to users, and so it is real shame that it is now broken! The good new is that I am assured by SchedMD that the bug has been fixed in v18.08.3. Having said that we will probably live with this issue rather than disrupt users with another upgrade so soon . We have found a few other minor bugs in the new version of slurm, however I am glad to say that none of them are "life threatening".

If you're keen to have a work around in the meantime then please feel free to use our replacement script, "seff_new" -- a copy is attached with this email. It's not the most elegant of scripts, however it does work.

Best regards,

David