[slurm-users] Upgrade woes

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Thu May 31 18:04:35 MDT 2018

On 31 May 2018 at 17:00, Ole Holm Nielsen <Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk>
wrote:

> Hi Lachlan,
>
> Slurm upgrades on CentOS 7.5 should run without problems.  It seems to me
> that your problems are unrelated to the Slurm RPMs.  FWIW, I documented the
> Munge and Slurm installation as well as upgrade process in my Wiki page
> https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/niflheim/Slurm_installation

Hi Ole,

Yes, I agree. I already read your page with sadness because it worked for
you and didn't work for me :) I didn't think the problem was the RPMs - the
problem being I don't know *what* is causing the errors. But slurmctld is
crashing quickly after starting, everything else appears to be working
correctly - munge is up and works (tested), MariaDB is up, SlurmDBD is up.

L.