[slurm-users] run bash script in spank plugin

Tueur Volvo huitre39 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 08:16:50 MDT 2018

Hello i have question, how run in background bash script in spank plugin ?

in my spank plugin in function : slurm_spank_task_init_privileged

i want to run this script :

system("nohup bash -c 'sleep 10 ; touch /tmp/newfile.txt' &");

i want to run in independant process this bash script, i don't want
wait 10 seconde in my slurm plugin

i have this code :
int slurm_spank_task_init_privileged (spank_t sp, int ac, char **av) {

system("nohup bash -c 'sleep 10 ; touch /tmp/newfile.txt' &");

return 0;

}

actualy it's not work, when slurm ending to run my job, he kill my nohup command

if i  had in my c code sleep 12, my bash script work

int slurm_spank_task_init_privileged (spank_t sp, int ac, char **av) {

system("nohup bash -c 'sleep 10 ; touch /tmp/newfile.txt' &");

sleep(12);

return 0;

}

but i don't want to wait, i want to run my bash script in independant process

thanks for advance for your help