[slurm-users] Job not in squeue and no log file exists

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Tue May 29 04:24:27 MDT 2018

Hi,
When I submit the following script, I receive a job id. However, it doesn't
show that in squeue. Moreover, there is no log file as I specified in the
script

hamid at rocks7:scripts$ cat slurm_script.sh
#!/bin/bash
#SBATCH --job-name=hvacSteadyFoam
#SBATCH --output=hvacSteadyFoam.log
#SBATCH --ntasks=32
#SBATCH --time=100:00:00
#SBATCH --mem=64000M
echo $WM_PROJECT_DIR
. /share/apps/mechanic/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-5.0/etc/bashrc
pwd
echo $WM_PROJECT_DIR
hamid at rocks7:scripts$ sbatch slurm_script.sh
Submitted batch job 493
hamid at rocks7:scripts$ squeue
             JOBID PARTITION     NAME     USER ST       TIME  NODES
NODELIST(REASON)
               480   EMERALD  melting  siadati  R 4-01:56:55      1 rocks7
               482      RUBY   runwb2 kouhikam  R   18:40:40      1
compute-0-6
hamid at rocks7:scripts$ ls hv*
ls: cannot access hv*: No such file or directory

Any idea?

Regards,
Mahmood