[slurm-users] Running 'scontrol reconfigure" while jobs are running

stolarek.marcin stolarek.marcin at gmail.com
Mon May 28 14:44:53 MDT 2018

Restart of slurm daemons will normally also doesn't affect running jobs..

Sent from Samsung tablet.
-------- Original message --------From: "Wiegand, Paul" <wiegand at ist.ucf.edu> Date: 28/05/2018  14:19  (GMT+01:00) To: Slurm User Community List <slurm-users at lists.schedmd.com> Subject: Re: [slurm-users] Running 'scontrol reconfigure" while jobs are	running
I have run scontrol reconfigure while jobs are running many times, and there's never been an effect on running jobs as far as I have been able to ascertain.  Our cluster stays active 24/7, and we do a variety of things that require a reconfigure from time-to-time (e.g., add new nodes).  If we had to wait until jobs stopped to do such things, it would be prohibitive.