[slurm-users] Unable to access job_desc.environment (NULL) from Lua job submission script

Pablo Llopis pablo.llopis at gmail.com
Sun May 27 06:30:22 MDT 2018

Thank  you Bjørn for the suggestion, indeed this would be a valid solution
for that example.
Of course we would prefer to leverage a scripting language such as Lua
rather than relying on a bash script that outputs export statements.

I wonder if anybody could confirm whether they can access
job_desc.environment from Lua.

I haven't debugged the slurm code to see why the environment is null in
this case yet. We're running version 17.11.4. I will report back to mention
whether this keeps happening once we update to the latest stable version.

Cheers,
Pablo