[slurm-users] Handling idle sessions

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Sun May 27 04:22:12 MDT 2018

On 27 May 2018 at 18:56, Nadav Toledo <nadavtoledo at cs.technion.ac.il> wrote:

> Hey Lachlan,
>
> Can you specify how/where you set the walltime and which factor you use in
> the accounting system to deprioritse?

walltime is set in slurm.conf per Partition. You can set DefaultTime or
MaxTime or both. Search for those terms here
https://slurm.schedmd.com/slurm.conf.html

Accounting system is using FairShare/Fair Tree
https://slurm.schedmd.com/fair_tree.html
PDF of presentation -> https://slurm.schedmd.com/SC14/BYU_Fair_Tree.pdf

Cheers
L.