[slurm-users] Why SlurmUser is set to slurm by default?

Douglas Jacobsen dmjacobsen at lbl.gov
Fri May 25 04:18:27 MDT 2018

SlurmUser == root also has implications for strigger.  It allows any user
to set slurmctld executed striggers.  This can be OK, or not, depending on
your use cases and user community.  User-specified strigger commands would
run on the same node as the slurmctld process, and so the user-specified
scripts could potentially consume resources on that node without much in
the way of limit enforcement.

----
Doug Jacobsen, Ph.D.
NERSC Computer Systems Engineer