[slurm-users] Controller / backup controller q's

Benjamin Redling benjamin.rampe at uni-jena.de
Fri May 25 02:31:00 MDT 2018

Am 24.05.2018 um 17:43 schrieb Will Dennis:
> 3)      What are the steps to replace a primary controller, given that a
> backup controller exists? (Hopefully this is already documented
> somewhere that I haven’t found yet)
Why not drive such a small cluster with a single primary controller in a
migratable or even HA-VM?

I've never understood what a backup controller is good for when you need
very reliable/HA-shared storage and a very reliabe/HA-MySQL (*cought*)
installation on top off that (or live with the illusion that two
processes instead of one depending on two SPOFs make it a dependable
cluster)
-- apart from very big clusters where a single controller VM with all
the dependencies won't cut it because it might become a bottleneck.

But I'm eager to learn about the advantages of a backup controller (and
the necessary[?] complexity)

Regards,
BR
--
FSU Jena | JULIELab.de/Staff/Benjamin+Redling.html