[slurm-users] X11 debug

Marco Ehlert Marco.Ehlert at mpikg.mpg.de
Thu May 17 01:21:01 MDT 2018

On Thu, 17 May 2018, Nadav Toledo wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> After fighting with x11 forwarding couple of weeks, I think i've got a few tips that can help others.
>
> I am using slurm 17.11.6 with builtin x11 forwarding with ubuntu server distro, all servers in cluster share /home via
> beegfs.
> slurm was compiled from source.
>
> E. make sure you can ssh -X to all servers in cluster from the loginserver without password and you can get xeyes(for
> example) to work   , if this step failed, lookup up on google how to setup sshd_config or try ssh -v for debuging

Also make shure, that the local root user will have write access to the
home directories. Some file servers like Netapp need to be configured
this way.
Otherwise the invoked xauth by slurmstepd cannot write the MAGIC cookie
into .Xauthority.
Hope, this get changed by the developers in the future.

Best,
Marco