[slurm-users] x11 for interactive jobs

Ian Mortimer i.mortimer at uq.edu.au
Mon May 14 16:22:30 MDT 2018

On Mon, 2018-05-14 at 23:14 +0430, Mahmood Naderan wrote:

> I see --x11 option in [1], but there isn't any such option. Is that
> for old versions? Also, there is a wrapper [2] for srun.x11. Is there
> any builtin x11 support in slurm?

There is native X11 support in slurm but after testing it and reading
the list archives, I decided it wasn't reliable enough to use in
production and reverted to using the spank plugin which does work
reliably.

Are you using rocks?  I can send some instructions for installing the
X11 spank plugin on rocks if you're interested.

Regards
--
Ian