[slurm-users] Why GPU do not become available when job suspended?

Zheng Gong gongzheng.xw at gmail.com
Sat May 12 23:40:07 MDT 2018

Hi,

I'm reading the GRES Scheduling document. It says:

> If the job is suspended, those resources do not become available for use
> by other jobs.

I think this explains why GPU jobs can not be preempted.

But I don't know why  the GRES cannot be released after the job suspended.
Even if I manually suspend a GPU job, the GPU node cannot be allocated to a
new job.

--
Gong, Zheng (龚正)
Doctoral Candidate in Physical Chemistry