[slurm-users] How to check if there's a reservation

Douglas Jacobsen dmjacobsen at lbl.gov
Fri May 11 08:36:24 MDT 2018

A feature that many slurm users might like is sbatch --time-min.  Using
both --time-min and --time a user can specify the range of acceptable wall
times limits.  This can make it much easier to keep jobs running right  up
to the maintenance reservation.  e.g.:

sbatch --time-min=30:00 --time=48:00:00 script.sh

would allow the job to schedule for any time-slot between 30 minutes and 2
days in length.  If the user has some mechanism for job chaining or
similar, this can allow them to make the most of backfill opportunities.

-Doug

----
Doug Jacobsen, Ph.D.
NERSC Computer Systems Engineer