[slurm-users] Memory oversubscription and sheduling

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Fri May 11 02:25:59 MDT 2018

Hey Michael!

On Friday, 11 May 2018 1:00:24 AM AEST Michael Jennings wrote:

> I'm surprised to hear that; this is the first time I've ever heard
> that in regards to SLURM.  I'd only ever heard folks complain about
> TORQUE having that issue.

Hmm, you might well be right, I might have done that work before we switched
to Slurm on x86 (2013 - we always ran Slurm on BG/P and BG/Q).  So yes, it
could have been because we saw that issue on Torque instead and I assumed it
would do the same on Slurm.

Still, even in a threaded mode it would end up with threads blocked in the
dreaded 'D' state if the health-check scripts end up blocking wouldn't it?

Nice to hear NHC can work around that!

All the best,
Chris