[slurm-users] slurm reboot node with spank plugin

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Wed May 9 03:44:26 MDT 2018

On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 7:09:12 PM AEST Tueur Volvo wrote:

> Hello, i have question, it's possible to reboot slurm node in spank plugin
> before execute job ?

I don't know about that, but sbatch has a --reboot flag and you could use a
submit filter to set it.    We do the opposite and always strip it out in our Lua
submit filter.

[...]
        -- Users are not allowed to reboot nodes, silently clear the flag and log what we did.
        if submit_uid ~= 0 and
           job_desc.reboot ~= slurm.NO_VAL16 then
                job_desc.reboot = slurm.NO_VAL16
                slurm.log_info("clear reboot flag for user %d", submit_uid);
        end
[...]

You can't log the job ID at that stage of course because it's not been
accepted by slurmctld yet. :-)

All the best,
Chris