[slurm-users] ReqNodeNotAvail, but none of nodes in partition are listed.

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Mon May 7 15:42:59 MDT 2018

Fewer. ;)

I think rumor had it that there were plans for some improvement in this area (you might check the bugs or this mailing list — I can’t remember where I saw it, but it was awhile back now), because ReqNodeNotAvail almost never means something useful, and reservations don’t actually generate any message whatsoever that would indicate that they are there. Almost 100% of the time we see questions about this at our site, it’s a reservation doing it, and sometimes even the person who set the reservation doesn’t figure it out.

--
____