[slurm-users] "Low socket*core*thre" - solution?

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sun May 6 05:53:05 MDT 2018

On Sunday, 6 May 2018 7:28:55 PM AEST Mahmood Naderan wrote:

> I also have noticed that State returned back to IDLE+DRAIN!

Both you and Eric are having issues with Opteron 6300 series CPUs.

I can't help but think the fact that each package in a socket has 2 NUMA nodes
is the cause of your pain. So whilst Slurm says it's treating each NUMA node
as a socket I wonder if at some point it's getting confused whether the number
of sockets is really 2 or 4?

> I am guessing to set Sockets to 32!!

No, that's definitely wrong.

What does this say?