[slurm-users] "Low socket*core*thre" - solution?

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sat May 5 23:00:30 MDT 2018

On Sunday, 6 May 2018 2:56:51 AM AEST Mahmood Naderan wrote:

> May I ask what is the difference between CPUs and Sockets in slurm.conf?

CPUs are processor cores (on a package) and the socket is the package that
goes into the motherboard (which these days usually has its own memory
controller which is why it's important to know about for memory locality).

What's the hardware you're running this on?

Also can you refresh my memory please, what do each of these say?

lscpu
slurmd -C
lstopo

(don't worry if that last one isn't there)

All the best,
Chris