[slurm-users] After Each slurm Run, I Need to Reinstall slurm

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sat May 5 22:32:14 MDT 2018

On Sunday, 6 May 2018 11:02:25 AM AEST Kenneth Russell wrote:

> If you find that you have the same problem as me , you can use the script
> file below to automate the reinstall process. As I said in my original
> note, this is a very inefficient way to run slurm

That script looks very very weird.  It builds and installs slurm to
/tmp/slurm-build and then builds deb's from that to go into /usr and installs
them.  If you then clean up /tmp/slurm-build then I suspect things will go
badly wrong as that's where you've told Slurm to reference with configure.

If you're not going to build deb's with the Debian tools to do so then I would
suggest just install Slurm to (for example) /usr/local/slurm/${VERSION} and
have a symlink called /usr/local/slurm/latest that points to the current
version you want to be running.  Then your systemd files can just reference
that.

Hope this helps..

All the best,
Chris