[slurm-users] After Each slurm Run, I Need to Reinstall slurm

Eric F. Alemany ealemany at stanford.edu
Sat May 5 13:37:47 MDT 2018

Hi Ken

I am in the same boat as you are meaning that I am also new to SLURM.
This is what I've done from good recommendation.

Install Ubuntu 18.04 on your servers which just got released last week.
Apparently the ubuntu 16.04 package of SLURM is outdated.
Install slurm-llnl on headnode/master
Install slurmd on execute node

The packages will install all libraries and dependencies that you need in the right place.

I once tried to install with the tar ball file and had lots of issues/error messages.

I hope this will help you to get going.

Eric

Eric F.  Alemany
System Administrator for Research

Division of Radiation & Cancer  Biology
Department of Radiation Oncology

Stanford University School of Medicine
Stanford, California 94305

Tel:1-650-498-7969<tel:1-650-498-7969>  No Texting
Fax:1-650-723-7382<tel:1-650-723-7382>