[slurm-users] SLURM on Ubuntu 18.04

Raymond Wan rwan.work at gmail.com
Thu May 3 22:57:53 MDT 2018

Hi Eric and Patrick,

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 5:25 AM, Eric F. Alemany <ealemany at stanford.edu> wrote:
> I am not sure why but i dodn’t see  /etc/slurm. when i install slurmctld and
> slurmd from the ubuntu packages it created a directory slurm-llnl directory
> -  /etc/slurm-llnl
> Putting slurm.conf in /etc/slurm-llnl/ seemed logical but again this is mew
> to me so any suggestion is good.

I knew a while ago but have since forgot the reason.  It seems that in
Debian there is a package called "slurm" which is a network interface
monitor:

https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/slurm

So the package for the slurm that we (on this list) know is called slurm-llnl:

https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/slurm-llnl

I guess because of this, the configuration file is in /etc/slurm-llnl/
on Debian and, thus, Ubuntu as well.  I can only assume this means
that the network interface monitor came first [as a Debian
package]...but I'm not 100% sure about this.

Ray