[slurm-users] SLURM on Ubuntu 18.04

Raymond Wan rwan.work at gmail.com
Thu May 3 09:33:16 MDT 2018

Hi Eric,

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 11:21 PM, Eric F. Alemany <ealemany at stanford.edu> wrote:
> I will follow your advice. It doesn't hurt to try right (?)
>
> Thank you for your quick reply

No, it doesn't hurt to try.  If this was an upgrade of some sort, then
the only concern might be downtime and its effect on users.  But as
this seems like a new installation, there is no harm at all.

Keep an eye on the log files in /var/log/.  The paths should be set in
the slurm.conf .  They are quite helpful [on Ubuntu, at least].  When
I did a fresh 17.10 install, the type of errors I got were write
permissions for the slurm process, etc. and most of this was mentioned
in the log files.  Maybe start with just the head node and then once
you get that working, add the execution nodes.

Good luck!

Ray