[slurm-users] Memory limit for user account

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 05:20:34 MDT 2018

Chris,
I read the resouce_limits page. Currently, I have the following
options in slurm.conf

AccountingStorageType=accounting_storage/filetxt
JobCompType=jobcomp/filetxt
AccountingStorageLoc=/var/log/slurm/accounting
JobCompLoc=/var/log/slurm/job_completions
JobAcctGatherType=jobacct_gather/linux
JobAcctGatherFrequency=30

But I get the following error as I restart slurm

slurm_load_ctl_conf error: Unable to contact slurm controller (connect failure)

Regards,
Mahmood

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 6:49 AM, Chris Samuel <chris at csamuel.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 9:39:50 PM AEDT Mahmood Naderan wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to set a global memory limit for a user?
>
> You can indeed, but you need the accounting database set up for that.
>
> Settings limits is documented here:
>
> https://slurm.schedmd.com/resource_limits.html
>
> and the accounting database info is here:
>
> https://slurm.schedmd.com/accounting.html
>
> Good luck!
> Chris
> --