[slurm-users] Overriding 67 Million Job UID limit

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Wed Mar 14 04:19:33 MDT 2018

On Wednesday, 7 March 2018 12:53:30 AM AEDT Ron Golberg wrote:

> I have many Jobs divided into job arrays - which makes me cross the Slurm’s
> 67 Million JOBuid limit.

This is a consequence of the addition of federation support, you can see why
here:

https://slurm.schedmd.com/SLUG17/FederatedScheduling.pdf

[...]
> also, I have an external application that manages jobs sent to the
> scheduler, Is it ok for it to rely on the db_index for managing jobs on
> Slurm (is the accounting db always up-to date)?

You can't rely on the structure of the slurmdbd tables in MySQL, they are
considered volatile and can change without notice I'm afraid!

Unfortunately I don't really have enough of a clue for the other questions!

All the best,
Chris