[slurm-users] Memory allocation error

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 04:14:45 MDT 2018

>If you put this in your script rather than the g09 command what does it say?
>
>ulimit -a

That was a very good hint. I first ran ssh to compute-0-1 and saw
"unlimited" value for "max memory size" and "virtual memory". Then I
submitted the job with --mem=2000M and put the command in the slurm
script.

I then noticed that "max memory size" is about "2000000" while
"virtual memory" is about 2500000. I guessed that the problem is with
the virtual memory which program wants to allocate. By setting
--mem=4000M, the error disappeared and now the job is running.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Mahmood