[slurm-users] Memory allocation error

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 23:44:58 MDT 2018

Excuse me, but it doesn't work. I set --mem to 2GB and I put free
command in the script. I don't know why it failed.

[mahmood at rocks7 ~]$ sbatch sl.sh
Submitted batch job 19
[mahmood at rocks7 ~]$ squeue
             JOBID PARTITION     NAME     USER ST       TIME  NODES
NODELIST(REASON)
[mahmood at rocks7 ~]$ cat test.out
compute-0-1.local
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:           7.6G        127M        6.8G        8.5M        729M        7.3G
Swap:          2.4G          0B        2.4G
galloc:  could not allocate memory.: Cannot allocate memory
[mahmood at rocks7 ~]$ head -n 4 test.gjf
%nprocshared=2
%mem=1GB
# mp2/gen pseudo=read opt freq

[mahmood at rocks7 ~]$ cat sl.sh