[slurm-users] Slurmd could not set up environment for batch job

liyongsheng liyongsheng001 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 21:14:35 MDT 2018

 Hello, slurm-users:
      Has anyone encountered an error like me? I have just installed and
configured slurm with a slurm-control node and slurm-compute node, which
are both distributed with ubuntu system. When I was trying to run the
command below:
*./srun /bin/hostname*
An error happend as follows:
*srun: error: task 0 launch failed: Slurmd could not set up environment for
batch job*
I currently have no clues for shooting this error. Is there anyone who are
familiar with this and can you give me some advice?
Thanks!
Sincerely