[slurm-users] additional variable to the struct job_desc_msg_t

Rajiv Nishtala nishtala.raj at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 01:38:13 MDT 2018

Hi,

I started working with SLURM some days ago, and one of the first things
I aim to do is adding an additional variable to the job_script file via
the structure job_desc_msg_t.
Specifically, via the function slurm_submit_batch_job in submit.c

The data provided to the job_script via the job_desc_msg_t is read
without any errors in submit.c.
However, the data is not being transmitted to
_copy_job_desc_to_job_record in job_mgr.c

After investigating a bit more, I realised that a dereferencing of a
buffer is taking place in _unpack_job_desc_msg in slurm_protocol_pack.c.
I am having a tough time figuring out the call chain for
unpack_job_desc_msg.

TLDR; What is the call chain that I need to address to adding another
variable to job_desc_msg_t in slurm.h?

Best wishes,
Rajiv

Sorry for sending in again, I realised that I was not subscribed in.