[slurm-users] Upgrade woes

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 1 01:14:02 MDT 2018

Lachlan, I note that you have dropped the slurmdm and started again with an
empty database. This sounds serious!
The only thing I would suggest is an strace of the slurmctld
I often run straces when I have a proble. They never usually tell me much
but a lot of pretty text flies past ont he screen.
To be honest though detailed stracing did reveal a big performance problem
with the IO in once code some time ago.
I digress.  Try an strace and look up a few calls before the program halts.
Does an error leap out at you?