[slurm-users] QOS MaxJobsPU limit is not working

Lyn Gerner schedulerqueen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:39:35 MDT 2018

You'll need to check the slurm.conf man page for that parameter, to see
which combination of values are appropriate to achieve your site policies,
but among them you'll need "qos".

Regards,
Lyn

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 2:29 PM, Siddharth Dalmia <dalmia.sid at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Lyn,
>
> Thanks for helping out. No I have not enforced any other limits, including
> AccountingStorageEnforce.
>
> Thanks
> Sid
>
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 5:06 PM Lyn Gerner <schedulerqueen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> HI,
>>
>> Have you enforced other limits successfully? What is the value of
>> AccountingStorageEnforce?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Lyn
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 1:45 PM, Siddharth Dalmia <dalmia.sid at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all, We wanted to try make 2 different qos (priority and normal). For
>>> priority QOS - 1) Each user is only allowed 1 JOB. 2) Has higher priority
>>> than normal, with the ability to preempt. For priority QOS - 1) No
>>> restriction on the number of jobs. Overall Jobs run with
>>> `priority/multifactor`. I am not able to restrict number of jobs that a
>>> user can run with a particular qos even after setting the MaxJobsPU to 1
>>> for priority. srun --qos=prirority --pty bash assigns me how many ever jobs
>>> I want. I am sorry if this is redundant, but I am having a lot of trouble
>>> in making this work and any help is appreciated. below are some of the
>>> information about my conf and slurmdbd which might be useful. Thanks in
>>> advance! --------------- My slurm.conf looks like - NodeName=islpc[30-39]
>>> CPUs=2 State=UNKNOWN Gres=gpu:1080Ti:2 PartitionName=standard
>>> Nodes=islpc[30-39] Default=YES MaxTime=2-0 State=UP GresTypes=gpu
>>> PriorityType=priority/multifactor PriorityWeightAge=1000
>>> PriorityWeightFairshare=10000 PriorityWeightJobSize=1000