[slurm-users] SLURM_NTASKS not defined after salloc

Alexander Grund alexander.grund at tu-dresden.de
Wed Jul 11 08:38:33 MDT 2018

Unfortunately this will not work. Example: salloc --nodes=3 --exclusive

I'm wondering, why there is a discrepancy between the environment
variables and scontrol. The latter clearly shows "NumNodes=3 NumCPUs=72
NumTasks=3 CPUs/Task=1" (yes I realize that those values are
inconsistent too, but at least it matches srun behavior (ignoring NumCPUs))

Alex