[slurm-users] howto limit the cpu resource for each user

Arielle Willm arielle.willm at oca.eu
Thu Jan 18 10:22:34 MST 2018

Hi,

slurm is installed in a minimal configuration for a cluster of
3000cores/170 nodes.We have 4 partitions, one for each type of nodes;
each partition is available for all users.
We want to prevent each user from taking more than 1000 cores running on
up to 50 jobs on all the cluster, and I'm looking for guidance on how we
should do so.

I have already read a lot of documentation about it , i tried but i have
no result

- Below a list of some config parameters :

    ClusterName=cluster
    # Accounting.
    AccountingStorageType=accounting_storage/slurmdbd
    AccountingStorageUser=slurm
    #AccountingStorageEnforce=qos,limits
    #AccountingStoragePass=
    #AccountingStoragePort=
    EnforcePartLimits=YES
    # SCHEDULING
    SchedulerType=sched/backfill
    # Consumable Resource
    SelectType=select/cons_res
    SelectTypeParameters=CR_Core

- about the config in the slurmDB , there are not many things, only
account root and only user root

sacctmgr show account
    Account                Descr                  Org
       root default root account                 root

I have tried : sacctmgr modify cluster set GrpTRES=cpu=1040

but it does not work !

What is wrong ?

Did we need to uncomment the parameter AccountingStorageEnforce ?

Did we need to define all the users ?

Can someone show the way to proceed?

Thanks for your help

A Willm