[slurm-users] Overiding job QOS limit for individual user?

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Tue Jan 16 01:29:34 MST 2018

Hi,

Before we started using QOS for jobs, I could restrict the number of
jobs for an individual user with, say,

  sacctmgr modify user where name=alice account=physics set maxjobs=1

However, now we have configured QOS for jobs, if a user requests a QOS which
has MaxJobs set to, say, 10, the above command has no effect, because
the job QOS limit has a higher precedence than the association limit.

Is there another way to temporarily limit the number of jobs for an
individual user?

Cheers,

Loris

--