[slurm-users] Slurm not starting

Elisabetta Falivene e.falivene at ilabroma.com
Mon Jan 15 08:50:01 MST 2018

In the headnode. (I'm also noticing, and seems good to tell, for maybe the
problem is the same, even ldap is not working as expected giving a message
"invalid credential (49)" which is a message given when there are problem
of this type. The update to jessie must have touched something that is
affecting all my software sanity :D )

Here is the my slurm.conf.

# slurm.conf file generated by configurator.html.
# Put this file on all nodes of your cluster.
# See the slurm.conf man page for more information.
#
ControlMachine=anyone
ControlAddr=master
#BackupController=
#BackupAddr=
#
AuthType=auth/munge
CacheGroups=0
#CheckpointType=checkpoint/none
CryptoType=crypto/munge
#DisableRootJobs=NO
#EnforcePartLimits=NO
#Epilog=
#EpilogSlurmctld=
#FirstJobId=1
#MaxJobId=999999
#GresTypes=
#GroupUpdateForce=0
#GroupUpdateTime=600
#JobCheckpointDir=/var/slurm/checkpoint
#JobCredentialPrivateKey=
#JobCredentialPublicCertificate=
#JobFileAppend=0
#JobRequeue=1
#JobSubmitPlugins=1
#KillOnBadExit=0
#Licenses=foo*4,bar
#MailProg=/bin/mail
#MaxJobCount=5000
#MaxStepCount=40000
#MaxTasksPerNode=128
MpiDefault=openmpi
MpiParams=ports=12000-12999
#PluginDir=
#PlugStackConfig=
#PrivateData=jobs
ProctrackType=proctrack/cgroup
#Prolog=
#PrologSlurmctld=
#PropagatePrioProcess=0
#PropagateResourceLimits=
#PropagateResourceLimitsExcept=
ReturnToService=2
#SallocDefaultCommand=
SlurmctldPidFile=/var/run/slurmctld.pid
SlurmctldPort=6817
SlurmdPidFile=/var/run/slurmd.pid
SlurmdPort=6818
SlurmdSpoolDir=/tmp/slurmd
SlurmUser=slurm
#SlurmdUser=root
#SrunEpilog=
#SrunProlog=
StateSaveLocation=/tmp
SwitchType=switch/none
#TaskEpilog=
TaskPlugin=task/cgroup
#TaskPluginParam=
#TaskProlog=
#TopologyPlugin=topology/tree
#TmpFs=/tmp
#TrackWCKey=no
#TreeWidth=
#UnkillableStepProgram=
#UsePAM=0
#
#
# TIMERS
#BatchStartTimeout=10
#CompleteWait=0
#EpilogMsgTime=2000
#GetEnvTimeout=2
#HealthCheckInterval=0
#HealthCheckProgram=
InactiveLimit=0
KillWait=60
#MessageTimeout=10
#ResvOverRun=0
MinJobAge=43200
#OverTimeLimit=0
SlurmctldTimeout=600
SlurmdTimeout=600
#UnkillableStepTimeout=60
#VSizeFactor=0
Waittime=0
#
#
# SCHEDULING
DefMemPerCPU=1000
FastSchedule=1
#MaxMemPerCPU=0
#SchedulerRootFilter=1
#SchedulerTimeSlice=30
SchedulerType=sched/backfill
#SchedulerPort=
SelectType=select/cons_res
SelectTypeParameters=CR_CPU_Memory
#
#
# JOB PRIORITY
#PriorityType=priority/basic
#PriorityDecayHalfLife=
#PriorityCalcPeriod=
#PriorityFavorSmall=
#PriorityMaxAge=
#PriorityUsageResetPeriod=
#PriorityWeightAge=
#PriorityWeightFairshare=
#PriorityWeightJobSize=
#PriorityWeightPartition=
#PriorityWeightQOS=
#
#
# LOGGING AND ACCOUNTING
#AccountingStorageEnforce=0
#AccountingStorageHost=
AccountingStorageLoc=/var/log/slurm-llnl/AccountingStorage.log
#AccountingStoragePass=
#AccountingStoragePort=
AccountingStorageType=accounting_storage/filetxt
#AccountingStorageUser=
AccountingStoreJobComment=YES
ClusterName=cluster
#DebugFlags=
#JobCompHost=
JobCompLoc=/var/log/slurm-llnl/JobComp.log
#JobCompPass=
#JobCompPort=
JobCompType=jobcomp/filetxt
#JobCompUser=
JobAcctGatherFrequency=60
JobAcctGatherType=jobacct_gather/linux
SlurmctldDebug=3
#SlurmctldLogFile=
SlurmdDebug=3
#SlurmdLogFile=
#SlurmSchedLogFile=
#SlurmSchedLogLevel=
#
#
# POWER SAVE SUPPORT FOR IDLE NODES (optional)
#SuspendProgram=
#ResumeProgram=
#SuspendTimeout=
#ResumeTimeout=
#ResumeRate=
#SuspendExcNodes=
#SuspendExcParts=
#SuspendRate=
#SuspendTime=
#
#
# COMPUTE NODES
NodeName=node[01-08] CPUs=16 RealMemory=16000 State=UNKNOWN
PartitionName=batch Nodes=node[01-08] Default=YES MaxTime=INFINITE State=UP