[slurm-users] slurm 17.11.2 and X11 forwarding on CentOS 7.4

Marcus Wagner wagner at itc.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jan 11 05:31:04 MST 2018

Hi folks,

I wonder, if there is anyone here, who has an actual slurm running on
CentOS 7.4 with the (slurm-)native X11 forwarding mechanism.

Is Untrusted X11 Forwarding (-X) needed or does Trusted X11 Forwarding
(-Y) also function?

For some reason, we cannot use ssh -X from a CentOS 7.4 client to a
CentOS 7.4 server. We always get the following message:
Warning: untrusted X11 forwarding setup failed: xauth key data not generated

This does not happen, if we login from a Centos 6.9 client. Really
strange ...

Best
Marcus

--