[slurm-users] Limit number of CPU in a partition

Nicolò Parmiggiani nicolo.parmiggiani at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 02:45:38 MST 2018

Hi,

i am trying to limit the number of CPUs of a partition using QOS.

I created a QOS called large with a limit of 4 CPUs:

Whit this command I can see the QOS:

sacctmgr show qos format=name,GrpCPUs

      Name  GrpCPUs

    normal

     large        4

After that I put in partition line on slurm.conf this: QOS=large

But the number of running job is not limited. What am I doing wrong.

Thank you.